SilverPepper Commodity Strategies Global Macro Fund.
Distinguishing characteristics of the SilverPepper Commodity Strategies Global Macro Fund:
- Renee Haugerud is an expert in commodities. With commodities pulsing through her veins, Renee struck out from Cargill 20 years ago to start her own firm, Galtere Inc., and practice her own unique version of commodity investing: Commodity Strategies Global Macro.
- Named one of “The 25 Most Powerful Women on Wall Street” in 2013 by Business Insider.
- Battle-tested track record of skillfully managing a substantially similar, privately-offered commodity-strategies global-macro hedge fund. Click here to view the related performance, risk and correlation data of the private fund in our Prospectus.
- Galtere Research and Development Center: Proprietary agricultural and alternative energy center encompassing more than 600 acres in Southeast Minnesota, which provides valuable insights into commodity prices across the entire supply chain, from feedlots to suppliers of fertilizers. If you grow the crops, you know the crops.
- Global-macro viewpoint powers an understanding of how and why commodities may impact an array of assets, ranging from commodities to currencies, stock and bonds.
- All investment positions influenced by commodity prices, but the freedom of having a global macro viewpoint provides the ability, through investing in other asset classes, to find better and cheaper avenues to gain commodity exposures.
- Uses both long and short positions to temper commodity risk and create broader opportunities for profit.
- Ability to diversify beyond typical gold and oil commodity markets. Strong skill set and expertise in investing in lesser trafficked commodities, particularly agricultural commodities.